Welcome to DeonVsEarth!
Hey there writer!
This page was created to not only welcome you to the DeonVsEarth team, but to also give you a brief training over the essential skills necessary in becoming a writer for DeonVsEarth.com.
Below you will find several videos that will offer in-depth insight into specific elements pertaining to the DeonVsEarth server.
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to shoot us an email using the Contact form located on the “Email Us” page.
VIDEO#1: Welcome to DeonVsEarth
This video is simply the welcome video that gives you a basic oversight of what you will be learning throughout the duration of this video series.
Although this video is not heavy with literal content and training, We recommend that all writers view this video at least once to get a general overview of this opportunity.
VIDEO#2: Logging Into DeonVsEarth
Though it may seem basic, the purpose of this video is dedicated solely to teaching our writers how (and where) to log into the DeonVsEarth server.
It is important that writers master this concept because without it, you won’t be writing much of anything! 🙂
All jokes aside, because the “back-end” of the DeonVsEarth server is hidden — all writers must learn how to find the “Hidden Door” that will allow them reach their dashboard.
This Video shows you how
VIDEO#3: WordPress Dashboard
This video is dedicated solely to explaining the basic components of the wordpress dashboard.
If you ever see something in the dashboard that doesn’t quite make any sense, this is the video that you want to view.
VIDEO#4: Creating Posts
The purpose of this video is to teach writers not only how to create blog posts for DeonVsEarth, but also to teach them about the different post categories that can be found withing their dashboard.
Check this video out for more info!
VIDEO#4.5: Adding Media to Posts
This post shows users how to add images and video to posts.
VIDEO#5: Editing your User Profile
This video is dedicated to showing users how to perform the basic task of editing their own personal profiles.
If you ever need to change the way your name is displayed to the public, your email address, or your password — this is the section you want to go to.
Check it out!
This video was created to simply address the minor topics that aren’t quite essential to creating or writing blog posts. However I would recommend that every writer watch this video at least once — in case the information presents itself in the near future.
After watching these videos I am certain that you will have the basic understanding necessary to begin writing blog-posts on the DeonVsEarth server!
Again, I would like to congratulate (and thank you) personally for choosing to become a writer for DeonVsEarth.
We truly value our writers and contributors and will do everything within our power to help you see the online success that you desire — whether you are writing for DeonVsEarth or not.
If you ever decide that you would like to stop writing for us to venture out on your own then we will wish you nothing but the best and will send you away with nothing less than a smile and a “Thank You”.
Here are a few tips and reminders about publishing content online…
- Make your Post Title Interesting!
– When you share your link with the world, the post title is the only thing that can convince them to click over to read your article. Therefore you want it to sound fun and interesting!
- NEVER “Copy & Paste” articles
– Not only is this plagiarism, but Search engines (like Google) will really “Punish” websites who do this by giving them a low reputation and place in the Search results. Even if you have an article that you may have written personally — Never copy and paste them into multiple sites because Search engines will assume that it is Spam and will punish every site except where the article first occurred.
- Double-Check your Work!– Now this is something that many writers forget (including myself). When you spend your time working hard on creating a beautiful blog post — nothing can “Kill” your credibility quicker than having spelling and grammatical errors all throughout.And sometimes you may be tempted to “skimp” on double-checking your work if you are too tired — especially when you’ve already spent 4 to 5 hours trying to make it perfect. But I would strongly recommend waiting maybe a day in that case and re-reading it anyway before publishing it. Sometimes taking a break from looking at your work will give you “Fresh Eyes” which will allow you to spot new ways of improving your writing.
- Images and Videos add “Flavor”
– Remember that you have the ability to add images and videos to your posts. Although text alone works well — research has shown that more and more website users are likely to “stick around” if you have something for them to “Look at”. So don’t be afraid to use pictures, videos, and illustrations!
- Be Yourself!
– Although this may sound like a cliche, It really pays to be yourself. Too often people feel the need to sound “Intelligent” or “Informative” when they write so they pretend to be someone who they really aren’t in their writing.
Unfortunately, as a result they bore their readers so badly that they want to turn of their computers, place them in a car, and run the car over a cliff. (Yeah, its that bad)The Key to being a successful writer is to be yourself!If you are nice — Be Nice!
If you are cool — Be Cool!
If you are funny — Be Funny!When GOD created you he created a unique person with a unique personality, Now learn to let it shine through your writing!
Deon is a Thought-Leader, Philosopher, Researcher, Entrepreneur, Internet marketer, and Social-Media extraordinaire.
After spending years studying the inner workings of the Cyber world, Deon has been given many titles as a direct result of his expertise on a wide array of platforms -- both online and off.
But whether the subject is Marketing, Advertising, Blogging, Branding, Web Metrics, Systems Design, Advanced Social-Media integration, Research, or Investigation -- Deon has definitely earned a prominent name for himself within the cyber community.
However, the only title he actually values is... "Christian"
Latest posts by Deon (see all)